Please contact us with your questions or comments using one of the methods below. We are a volunteer organization and will do our best to respond as soon as possible.
Golden State German Shepherd Rescue
PO Box 2956
Alameda, CA 94501
Or fill out this form:
Found a dog?
Rescues will not take possession of found "stray" dogs until all legal steps have been taken and ownership has been established.
- No tags. Ask around the neighborhood to see if anyone recognizes the dog.
- Have the dog scanned for a microchip at a vet’s office or a shelter.
- Notify the shelter to report the dog and complete a Found Dog Report. Also, check Lost Dog Reports to see if anyone has reported a lost dog.
- Create and post flyers around your neighborhood, in vet offices, and on social media pages.
If all the above fails to locate the owner, consider fostering (or finding someone to foster) the dog until a new home can be found.
Rehoming your dog?
Two great resources that allow owners to list their dogs for rehoming are:
Our top priority is rescuing shelter dogs facing euthanasia, and the shelters are currently overflowing with dogs. If you can hang on to your dog until a new home can be found, we may be able to help you.
If so, contact us VIA EMAIL ONLY at email@example.com.
Email a photo along with age and gender. Requirements for your dog to be publicized by GSGSR:
- Must be a German Shepherd or “mostly Shepherd” mix
- Must be spayed/neutered
- Must be current with all shots
- No bite or aggression history